Strengthening Cultural Humility Awareness When Working with Men Who Have Sex with Men (MSM)
Register to receive information on accessing the event.
This learning collaborative is for Disease Intervention Specialists (DIS) who are working with populations of men who have sex with men (MSM).
This event is for people working in Region 2.
This learning collaborative is intended for Disease Intervention Specialists (DIS) who are working with populations of men who have sex with men (MSM) and who are interested in exploring and learning how DIS and provider values and stigma can impact HIV care for the MSM community.
- Define MSM
- Identify potential biases that may occur when working with MSM and strategies to reduce their impact
- Discuss the types of stigma experienced by MSM and how it impacts their access and retention in care
- Identify strategies to practice cultural humility and establish a safe space when working with MSM.
How to enroll
- Register by selecting the event date you want, generally at the upper left of the page.
- If the date you prefer is greyed out, the event is full.
- If you do not have an account, you will be prompted to create one.
- Once registered, you can find information on accessing the event by going into the Learning Collaborative Event Information module.
- You will also receive an emailed confirmation with information on accessing the event.
- Please add this time and date to your calendar.
- Interactivity is an important part of the event. Please have audio and video capability on your device. We encourage people to communicate verbally or use the chat feature.
- To engage fully with the Learning Collaborative (LC) experience, we ask that you stay for the entirety of the LC. Participants who show up later than 15 minutes past start time will be asked to register for another session.
- Supervisors, please be aware of staff registrations and allow time for full participation.
Here is the event outline:
Learning Collaborative Event Information
Evaluation and Completion
After the webinar, visit this module to fill out an evaluation and complete the course.
The following certificates are awarded when the event is completed:
|Certificate of Completion|