Cultural Humility: An Approach to Working with People Who Use Drugs
Register to receive information on accessing the event.
This learning collaborative is for Disease Intervention Specialists (DIS) who are working with people who use drugs (PWUD) and are diagnosed with an STI/HIV.
This event is for people working in Region 3.
This collaborative will address the three principles of cultural humility, motivational interviewing, and person-focused Harm Reduction. Participants will apply these concepts to case scenarios to develop appropriate strategies and referral options for PWUD.
- Explain the effects of stigma on PWUD engagement in services and care.
- Identify three principles of cultural humility and how they apply when working with PWUD.
- Discuss how motivational interviewing can be used to address ambivalence around substance use and build efficacy and confidence.
- Identify three people-focused harm reduction strategies related to using drugs.
- Develop a culturally humble, people-focused approach with referral recommendations to a case scenario.
How to enroll
- Register by selecting the Register button, generally at the upper right of the page.
- If you do not have an account, you will be prompted to create one.
- Once registered, you can find information on accessing the event by going into the Learning Collaborative Event Information module.
- You will also receive an emailed confirmation with information on accessing the event.
- Please add this time and date to your calendar.
- Interactivity is an important part of the event. Please have audio and video capability on your device. We encourage people to communicate verbally or use the chat feature.
- To engage fully with the Learning Collaborative (LC) experience, we ask that you stay for the entirety of the LC. Participants who show up later than 15 minutes past start time will be asked to register for another session.
- Supervisors, please be aware of staff registrations and allow time for full participation.
Here is the event outline:
Learning Collaborative Event Information
Evaluation and Completion
After the webinar, visit this module to fill out an evaluation and complete the course.
The following certificates are awarded when the event is completed:
|Certificate of Completion|