Motivational Interviewing for Disease Intervention Providers
This event is for people working in Region 4.
Motivational Interviewing can be helpful in moving people to make healthier decisions and overcoming barriers to change. This learning collaborative will provide disease intervention providers with an opportunity to recognize ambivalence around adopting safer health practices and offer some strategies, tools and techniques that can be used to support people in making healthier decisions for improved wellness.
- Define Motivational Interviewing (MI).
- Identify the six stages of change and recognize when the person you are working with is ready for change.
- Describe how open-ended questions, affirmations, reflections, and summarizing (OARS) can be used as a questioning strategy to facilitate behavioral change.
- Utilize Motivational Interviewing to assist a person you are working with to make behavioral change.
How to enroll
- Register by selecting the event date you want, generally at the upper right of the page.
- If the date you prefer is greyed out, the event is full.
- If you do not have an account, you will be prompted to create one.
- Once registered, you will need to read and complete the Participant Expectations activity.
- After you submit the activity, you can find information on accessing the event by visiting the Event Information page.
- You will also receive an emailed confirmation with information on accessing the event.
- Please add this time and date to your calendar.
- Interactivity is an important part of the event. Please have audio and video capability on your device. We encourage people to communicate verbally or use the chat feature.
- To engage fully with the learning collaborative (LC) experience, we ask that you stay for the entirety of the LC. Participants who show up later than 15 minutes past start time or otherwise miss more than 15 minutes will be asked to register for another session.
- Supervisors, please be aware of staff registrations and allow time for full participation.
Here is the event outline:
Learning Collaborative Event Information
Evaluation and Completion
After the webinar, visit this module to fill out an evaluation and complete the course.
The following certificates are awarded when the event is completed:
|Certificate of Completion|