STI/HIV Interview Series: Overview of STI/HIV Interviewing
This event is for people working in Region 1.
In this learning collaborative, you will be introduced to CDCs new STI/HIV Interview Format with an emphasis on the introduction component. You will learn new concepts associated with interviewing people diagnosed with an STI or HIV and participate in activities that promote critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Throughout this learning collaborative, you will develop an effective introduction statement, calculate a person’s interview period, and respond to reactions from people being interviewed.
By the end of this learning collaborative, you will be able to:
- Identify at least five key concepts of an STI/HIV interview.
- Identify the context of a person’s life that may influence interactions during an STI/HIV interview.
- Develop an introduction statement.
- Identify the four components of the STI/HIV interview.
- Calculate the person’s interview period.
- Respond to reactions from people being interviewed.
How to enroll
- Register by selecting the event date you want, generally at the upper right of the page.
- If the date you prefer is greyed out, the event is full.
- If you do not have an account, you will be prompted to create one.
- Once registered, you will need to read and complete the Participant Expectations activity.
- After you submit the activity, you can find information on accessing the event by visiting the Event Information page.
- You will also receive an emailed confirmation with information on accessing the event.
- Please add this time and date to your calendar.
- Interactivity is an important part of the event. Please have audio and video capability on your device. We encourage people to communicate verbally or use the chat feature.
- To engage fully with the learning collaborative (LC) experience, we ask that you stay for the entirety of the LC. Participants who show up later than 15 minutes past start time or otherwise miss more than 15 minutes will be asked to register for another session.
- Supervisors, please be aware of staff registrations and allow time for full participation.
Here is the event outline:
Learning Collaborative Event Information
Evaluation and Completion
After the webinar, visit this module to fill out an evaluation and complete the course.
The following certificates are awarded when the event is completed:
|Certificate of Completion|