STI/HIV Interview Series: Social-Sexual Network Elicitation: A Deeper Dive
Registration Coming Soon!
This event is for people working in Region 1.
A successful interview allows for the collection of critical information about a person diagnosed with STI/HIV, while providing support, referrals, and answers to questions the person may have. The goals of the case interview are to assess the person’s medical condition, ensure linkage to care and treatment, gather information for continued monitoring and support, and obtain the names and locating information of people who may have been exposed to facilitate testing and treatment as appropriate. This learning collaborative will focus on elicitation of sexual and social network information.
Participants will learn what social-sexual networks are, discuss disease transmission within a network, and explore a framework for contact elicitation. In roleplays, participants will have an opportunity to practice the contact elicitation portion of the interview, and identify a social-sexual network.
Training participants could benefit from training in motivational interviewing, and sexual orientation and gender identity, prior to attending this training. Training participants new to the disease intervention role could benefit from attending the STI/HIV Interview Series Learning Collaboratives--Overview of STI/HIV Interviewing, and Social and Medical History Taking, prior to this training.
- Define social-sexual network
- Discuss how social-sexual networks affect HIV/STI transmission
- Identify three key components of successful social-sexual network identification
- Conduct a contact and partner elicitation session
How to enroll
- Register by selecting the event date you want, generally at the upper right of the page.
- If the date you prefer is greyed out, the event is full.
- If you do not have an account, you will be prompted to create one.
- Once registered, you will need to read and complete the Participant Expectations activity.
- After you submit the activity, you can find information on accessing the event by visiting the Event Information page.
- You will also receive an emailed confirmation with information on accessing the event.
- Please add this time and date to your calendar.
- Interactivity is an important part of the event. Please have audio and video capability on your device. We encourage people to communicate verbally or use the chat feature.
- To engage fully with the learning collaborative (LC) experience, we ask that you stay for the entirety of the LC. Participants who show up later than 15 minutes past start time or otherwise miss more than 15 minutes will be asked to register for another session.
- Supervisors, please be aware of staff registrations and allow time for full participation.
Here is the event outline:
Learning Collaborative Event Information
Evaluation and Completion
After the webinar, visit this module to fill out an evaluation and complete the course.
The following certificates are awarded when the event is completed:
|Certificate of Completion|